Wanted! Local heroes of all ages who volunteer their time to help make the Waitemata area a great place to live.
The Waitemata Local Board has decided to recognise community volunteers young and old with the Waitemata Good Citizen's Awards 2013, culminating in a presentation evening at the Auckland Town Hall on Thursdau 30 May.
Community Volunteer Awards:
Held once a term, these awards have been established to recognise and reward
1. Individuals who volunteer their time for community benefit.
2. Youth who volunteer their time for community benefit (for nominees 24 years of age and under).
3. Not-for-profit organisations who volunteer their time for community benefit and/or provide a platform for individuals to volunteer their time.
The awards will be accorded to individuals and groups whose contributions have been recognised to benefit the communities within the local board area.
Nominations may be drawn from, but not restricted to, the following sectors:
1. Arts, Culture and Heritage.
2. Education - including adult, tertiary and community.
3. Environment and Beautification.
4. Social and Community, including health and social service.
5. Sport, Fitness and Leisure.
6. Faith based institutions running programmes for benefit of the wider community.
Nominations must be made on the official nomination form or online and to reach the Waitematā Local Board Office by 5pm on 19 April 2013.
See below for more information:
Awards Criteria and Information.
NOMINATE YOUR LOCAL HEROES HERE