Aotearoa and the Auckland region remain at Phase 3 of Red Light under the COVID-19 Protection Framework. These Red Light traffic restrictions are being updated to address the most recent case, hospitalisation, and vaccination trends.
The changes impact the way that the Auckland Rugby League and clubs are currently operating and delivering events and gatherings. The changes are outlined below and will come into place from the stated dates, in-line with government announcements made on the 23rd of March 2022.
COVID PARTICIPATION & INVOLVEMENT POLICY REVOKED
Effective immediately, the Auckland Rugby League have revoked the COVID Participation & Involvement Policy that was introduced on 27-28 January 2022. This policy is NO LONGER applicable for those participating or involved in any ARL weekday or weekend competition or sanctioned event throughout the 2022 season.
The COVID Participation & Involvement Policy was implemented in response to the governments COVID-19 Protection Framework directives and was subject to review and amendment at any time. This policy remains subject to review and amendment by the Board of Directors at any time subject to any subsequent changes that may be made to the Covid-19 Protection Framework, or any government health orders.
UPDATES TO THE RED LIGHT SETTING RESTRICTIONS
From 11.59pm Friday, March 25th, 2022:
- For outdoor gatherings (such as a rugby league game or training) where My Vaccine Passes are checked, there are no longer gathering limits
- For indoor gatherings where My Vaccine Passes are checked, the gathering limit will increase from 100 to 200
- Where My Vaccine Passes aren’t checked, the current restrictions remain the same
- Face masks are no longer required outdoors. Face masks are still required in most indoor settings.
- No requirement to scan in, provide QR codes or have mandatory record keeping
Additionally, from 11.59pm Monday April 4th, 2022:
- My Vaccine Passes are no longer required
- Gathering limits introduced on March 25th now apply to everyone
All other restrictions will remain the same. Stay home if you are feeling unwell and call your doctor or Healthline on 0800 358 5433 for advice about getting tested.
U16 SHAUN JOHNSON SHIELD & U18 DEAN BELL CUP - SPECTATORS
This weekend’s games will take place across Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th March at Cornwall Park. Spectators with a My Vaccine Pass will now be allowed to attend the event on the day.